Thursday, May 10, 2007

Broadvoice Registration Error on Asterisk Server

So I've messed around with asterisk@home, Trixbox, as well as the commercial side of all these products, Fonality's PBXtra. Here are a couple of things I've learned the hard way:

1. Broadvoice blocks your external IP address for an unknown amount of time (1 hour according to one tech that I talked to), when you have too many failed registration attempts. Ok...what's the deal here? I heard from someone else that they did this, so when I couldn't get my Broadvoice trunk to register, I changed the external IP address on my router to another IP in my pool, and it registered.

2. If you want to change which Broadvoice proxy an Asterisk server connects to, don't change the proxy name in the config file (just leave it at sip.broadvoice.com) and make an entry in /etc/hosts for whichever proxy you want to connect to.

Well, there is more, but that's all I have the energy for right now. I'll post more later.

Josh Phillips
ProVisionIT
www.provisionit.com

No comments: